Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Encouragement

I found a new online magazine that I am really enjoying exploring. It is called Christian Women Online. Check it out! http://www.christianwomenonline.net/. Here are some scriptures from an article titled "5 Ways to be Content". This is something I need a lot of help with usually.

“As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.” ~ Proverbs 23:7

"for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." ~ Philippians 4:11b, KJV
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7

‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’ ~ Jeremiah 29:11, NIV

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. ~ Psalm 37:4

These are fitting for anyone, but they really spoke to me as I am going through the adoption process. By waiting longer, the Lord is not trying to hurt me, He is finding just the right child for our family.

Thank you to those who have been praying for my friend, Leslie. Her surgery was over as of 12:30 AM this morning. It sounds like things went well, but they did have to remove her entire forehead. Continue to pray for quick healing and comfort for Leslie. If you would like to stay updated on her condition, check out her blog, http://www.forleslie.blogspot.com/.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very encouraging, Nichole! I've been hanging onto Joshua 1:9. It was actually our VBS verse last summer, and at the time, I was thinking of how appropriate it was but more as God was and would be with us as we bring our new daughter into our family. But then when we found out about the travel, the verse took on a whole new meaning! I'll have to check out that website. It sounds great!