Monday, April 28, 2008

My sweet sick girl...

Kiara has been sick since we got back from Phoenix. She has a horrible cough, runny nose, and a temperature. I took her to the doctor on Thursday and he thought it was allergies and he put her on 2 allergy medications in addition to the one she is already on. She doesn't seem much better and her fever has gotten higher, so we are going back into the doctor tomorrow, Tuesday, morning. I feel bad for her because there is only so much TV you can watch! She loves school and she hasn't been there in over a week.

This all worries me a bit because 1 1/2 years ago Kiara had 'fevers of unknown origin', code for the doctors have no idea what is going on. They lasted for 6 months and they thought she was developing systemic onset juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. But, they eventually went away! Those months brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and taught me a lot. I also view life a lot differently since then and don't sweat the small stuff as much. I have also been proud of myself since then to not freak out every time she seemed to be sick. This is the first time, I am a bit worried that we are going to go back into the world of the unknown! But, I know my Heavenly Father is watching over my sweet girl and will take care of her. (and her mother, too!)

The pictures above are from my sister-in-law's baby shower this weekend. Obviously, Kiara doesn't look too sick! She acts pretty normal when she has Ibuprofen in her. But, she probably had a little too much fun with her cousins because I had to take her home to get her cough medication because she couldn't stop coughing!

6 comments:

Dani said...

She looks quite the beautiful diva in her fancy duds, mom's certainly got great taste. Kids don't always act and look sick when they are, makes it more important for parents to be observant, so you're doing a great job. This is allergy season.... take it from an allergy/asthma sufferer and those minor attacks and last for weeks and even months.... just keep an eye on her at her age she can outgrow them!

Jennifer said...

Sorry to hear she's sick! If it makes you feel any better, there seems to be a nasty virus going around that is just as you described - cough, runny nose, and fever. My kids had it last week. My friend even had it herself complete with fevers of up to 104 degrees for a whole week! That's crazy for an adult! Hope she feels better soon!

Amanda said...

Nichole I will be praying for you and Kiara that the Doctors will be able to figure out what is causing her to be sick:(

Ute said...

Ditto what Jennifer wrote. Something is going around - again!. Christopher had it too. So hopefully your wonderful little girl will feel better soon :)

Holli said...

Everyone has it over here too! Me as well - but today over half our bible study group was gone! Praying for her and you! Does your sis inlaw know what she is having?

Tammie said...

Hey Nichole......Hope Kiara is better today.....I know down here it's been the worst allergy season ever. My sister-in-law just had to take my niece back to the dr. AGAIN yesterday.