Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School...

Kiara started school. She is in the Pre-K program through our school district. She loves it! She did the same program last year, but this year she is in the afternoon. She also gets to ride the bus, which she won't get to do once she goes to Kindergarden. She kind of had 2 first days of school. The first day we went to school together for an hour to meet her teachers and learn about what they do.



Today was her first day to ride the bus and be at school for the whole time. It was raining when we were waiting for the bus, but luckily it didn't stop us from getting some good pictures.


After school I had some surprises for my school girl. When I was at the store I bought her some yellow flowers that were marked down. Kiara loves flowers, so I knew she would love them. I also made her a brownie that looks like a pencil. I have to admit, I completely copied my friend Abby. I saw on her blog that she had made her daughter an adorable pencil cake. Since she has 4 times as many kids as me and had a sick kid at the time, I figured I could handle making one myself. Of course, I couldn't just wing it, so I Googled 'pencil cake' and I found the directions for a pencil brownie on the Family Fun website. The brownie broke into about 6 different pieces, but in the end I think it turned out pretty well.

We had a great summer, but I was ready for school to start. I like the structure that it gives our days. I hope everyone else had a great first day of school!

5 comments:

smctiver said...

Wow, what a cool idea to celebrate your daughter's first day of school! Really neat!!

Holli said...

happy first day and second day at school!!! miss you all!

Amy said...

What a cutie!! That top picture is just the sweetest!

I have my fingers crossed for you to travel soon!!!

Dani said...

I'm a cake decorator and I think ya did a great job. I'm sure it tastes just as good as it looks.... all things chocolate are wonderful.... Your daughter gets more beautiful every day.

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo sweet I could just eat her with a spoon! Cute! I love the pencil cake too.

Jules