Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Learning Russian...

Everyday when Kiara goes to school, the first thing I do is spend at least 30 minutes working on learning Russian. It is overwhelming to say the least. They don't even have the same alphabet as us. I also have a CD in the car that Kiara and I have been listening to with Russian phrases. Today was the first time Kiara had listened to any of it in a long time. We listened to it before she went to school. After she got home, out of the blue she says, 'mena zavut' (my spelling...Russian for 'My name is')! I was shocked! Then, tonight after I kissed her goodnight, she says, 'spakquoina nochee' (my spelling...Russian for 'goodnight')! Again, I couldn't believe it! She is a sponge!

This afternoon after she had said 'My name is' in Russian, she says, "I can say that to my sister." So sweet! Then, she adds, "But, when we are home, can I talk normal?" She is so funny! She cracks me up!

My BodyStep training is coming up this weekend, so if you think of me pray that I have plenty of energy. Also, I have been having some problems with my heels, so pray that my feet make it through the training, too. I am a little nervous, but I am really excited, too. It will feel great to accomplish something I have worked hard for.

6 comments:

NCHLSN7 said...

Hey Nichole! Luke has to wear his arm splints for three weeks according to our discharge papers, but we are already going without them if we are watching everything he does. He wears them to sleep because he is alone then and might accidentally put his fingers in his mouth. Everyday gets a little better. Thanks, Missy

Amy said...

I think we have the same CD! I love that Kiara is picking it up!! How cute!!!

Janell said...

Wow, I'm impressed Nicole. I keep thinking I need to start researching ET, but just can't seem to find the time to really dig in.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! That's so great. And I'll be thinking of you this weekend...you'll do so great. And eventually, I'll be front row in your class. HA!

Holli said...

you can see Amy going to her 1st day of school on my friends Danny and Mins blog. She is to cute and SUPER TALL! We were together last week and played. she had asked her mom if Kiara could come!:)
Wish you could have!:)

orange1986 said...

Hi! I see that you are learning Russian. I am too, but I am taking it at school.You should try the "Learn Russian in 10 minutes a day" book its pretty good,and if you want to invest the $ the book Golosa is really good and comes with a workbook and online audio that can go into Itunes.