Sunday, November 30, 2008

Here is the plan...

We have made our travel plans for our second trip to Russia. Ryan, Kiara, and I will be leaving to go to Chicago on Monday, December 8th. We will stay at a Park and Fly. On Tuesday, we don't fly out until 5:30 PM, so we are hoping to use the pool and wear out Kiara so she will sleep on the plane! We leave from Chicago on Tuesday, December 9th, and fly direct to Moscow. You have to love a direct flight. After 10 yours in the air, we get to Moscow on Wednesday around noon. We will then be driven to our apartment and settle in.

We don't have court until Friday, Decemer 12th. So, Thursday we can explore the area and make a trip to the grocery store before we have Vera with us.

Friday we have court, which I have heard isn't a big deal, but I am sure I will still be nervous! After court, there is a 10 day waiting period before we can finish all of the adoption paperwork. I think it is at court that we will find out if we get to keep Vera with us during the 10 day waiting period. Our 10 day wait should be up December 22nd, if I understand everything correctly, so we should have her with us for Christmas at the very least.

It will then take 4-5 business days to get Vera's passport, birth certificate, have her medical exam, and our appointment at the US Embassy. Our plan is to fly home on Tuesday, December 30th. Of course, the one time we couldn't get a direct flight is when we have 2 children with us, so we will have a layover in London!

The bad news is that at this point we aren't going to be able to make it to my sister's wedding! :( Who would have ever thought after a year and nine months in this process that our adoption would fall at the exact time as her wedding! So, pray for a miracle that they are able to process our paperwork at lightening speed and we are able to change our flights for a reasonable price!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Nikki,

I got your message about your court date and hope you have a safe trip back Russia. I can't wait to meet Vera! Right now we are in Florida where there is no cell phone reception :( so I am not able to call you but I want you to know that I will be thinking of you and keeping a close eye on your blog for new updates. I'm sure Kiara is very excited about meeting her new sister. What a wonderful Christmas blessing for you all to be together! You have waited a long time for this dream to come true and I couldn't be happier for you! Laura

Katie and Pete said...

Nichole,

We flew home with Ella on Dec 30th, 3 years ago! I am so sorry to hear that you may miss the wedding, things might work out though, we processed through a day early as we were originally scheduled to fly out a day later, the tough thing will be getting flights. Make sure that you get the adoption rate, it will pay off in the end if you can switch the flight.

You must be getting so, so excited!

Katie