Friday, March 5, 2010

What a trip!

Over the last year I have really gotten into couponing. It is so fun to get a fantastic deal. I think I had my best shopping trip yet. I spent part of my afternoon matching up my paper coupons with the coupons I had loaded on my Kroger card with the items on sale. Then, Kiara and I headed to Kroger after dinner.

When they rang me up at Kroger my total was $101 before giving them my Kroger card and coupons. Out of pocket I paid $32. Plus, I got $3.50 out of the Catlina to use on my next purchase. Kiara counted my items and said that I had 44 items. That means I paid $0.65 an item! The only things I didn't use coupons on were the milk and I got 3 pounds of ground beef half off because the sell by date is tomorrow.


I had to share. I see people online have these type of shopping trips and was kind of getting frustrated that I never could.

No comments: